Thursday, October 1, 2009

Halloween - Trick Or Treat?


It has been such a long time since I posted anything here, and since the kids fell asleep early (any time before 11 PM is early!) and my soaping is done for the night, I'm taking advantage of playing some catch up.

So what's new?

So much has been keeping me busy - it seems like our Freaky Finger soaps have been around forever now (they've been in the Etsy Halloween Gift Guide since August 1) and I can't believe Halloween is right around the corner! These fingers have gotten a HUGE amount of publicity - from being on the Etsy front page, Etsy Finds, the Halloween Gift Guide, and the numerous blogs they've been featured in...we're up to almost 8,000 hits - and we're only now getting into the true Halloween season!

Now that I've done all this prep work to get ready to accommodate all my Finger soap requests, things have finally quieted down. Is this good? I get a break and can come home from work at 7 PM and not go berserk making dirt scented soaps. Is this bad? Does this mean the hype is over, and people are tired of seeing these creepy cool fingers? Guess time will tell.

I've added a bunch of new items to our inventory - including holiday items (I can't believe I was getting involved with Christmas soaps in September!). I'm hoping our "He Knows When You've Been Naughty" Coal Soaps will be the "Freaky Fingers" of the holiday season! Haven't seen them yet? They're SO cool - they look so much like a chunk of coal - unfortunately, you all know that my picture taking abilities don't measure up to my soap making, so the details doesn't even shine through. Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am amazed, 8000 hits, (views?) on Etsy? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete