Wednesday, March 2, 2011

NEW ADDICTION - eBooks!

For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to be a writer. I loved writing poems and short stories in my younger days (God, I sound so old!) and reading was always a passion. Over time, I traded in hefty, hardbound books for a daily newspaper as reading during my hour commute became the only time I really had to read and who wanted to lug a huge book around through the streets of New York (I did, of course make the exception for the Twilight Series which I read over the course of 2 weeks - it was SO much better than the movies!)

After my latest software on my blackberry, I found the Kindle App, and I am absolutely hooked! I've been downloading like crazy and find myself reading some cool books that I ordinarily never would have found....Of course, I've also learned that it's important to learn the PRICE of these books, since some of them are more costly as an eBook than they are in print (which makes NO sense whatsoever!) I find myself reading all over the place - while standing in line at the store, on the train platform and at work on my PC (thanks for the Kindle for PC App). Cool stuff! I've been averaging a book every 3-4 days and it's been great catching up on something that's not about Charlie Sheen!

My newest addiction is Amanda Hocking - her Tryll Trilogy series really made for great reading (although I would love the opportunity to re-write her ending!) and left me disappointed when it was over (no chance of a 4th book since it won't technically be a trilogy anymore!) I'm working on Hollowland now about Vampires that terrorize the world (ok, sounds silly, but it's actually quite an enjoyable read).

As I've been going through these books so quickly, I know this one will be nearing the end. Anyone with recommendations for which series to read next, please let me know!!!!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment